Monday, October 10, 2016

This weekend, October 14th & 16th marks the 35th anniversary of "Rock N Soul Gospel" on 88.1fm & WCWP.org. That's Friday night at 9pm and Sunday evening at 5pm. It amazes me that I have had the honor of doing this radio show for so long and I still get so pumped up every time I sit behind the console at the radio station. As I am writing this blog entry I am listening to the brand new release from the band Glass Hammer entitled "Valkyrie". We will be playing the album in its entirety on the Sunday show at about 6:30pm. It just might be the best album the band has ever done and since in my humble opinion they are one of the best bands out there that is no small feat. I have been going back and forth in my mind about how to approach this weekends shows, should I do a best of retrospective of the past 35 years or should I keep it fresh and current. I have decided to keep it current. Why should I live in the past when the future looks so bright. I know that I have said it before but it bears worth repeating. The music and artists that I play on "Rock N Soul Gospel" are creating some of the best rock n roll that I have ever heard and I have been listening to rock music for at least 60 years now and playing it on the radio for almost 49 years now. When I get to play music from artists like Glass Hammer, Kerosene Halo, Dave Bainbridge, Steve Lawson, Richie Furay, Jesse Lynch, The Last Bison, The Oh Hello's and so many others too numerous to mention, then I am one happy camper. There is just so much more to discover out there musically that it is an never ending quest to find the best tunes to play on the radio. Above all I thank GOD that I have the privilege of doing this show for these many years but also to the very talented Dan Cox for keeping me around and to Bill Mozer for giving me a shot at the station way back when. I couldn't ask for two better friends. Finally, at least for now, to you folks who read this blog and listen to the radio show, you guys are the best and obviously have extraordinary taste in music.

No comments:

Post a Comment