Saturday, May 4, 2024

Some random thoughts

 Last night I attended a Matins service at a local Orthodox church, to say that I have never experienced such beauty in a church service is quite a bit of an understatement. I have been contemplating the idea of beauty recently not only in church but also in art in general. Now that does not mean that I am not going to be playing rock n roll on the radio anymore, far from it it was a sweet reminder that I must absolutely commit to searching out and presenting only the absolute best music that I can find to share with my listeners. Playing music by such artists such as Dirt Poor Robins, Dave Brons, Daniel Day, Dave Bainbridge, Glass Hammer, Michael Hakanson-Stacy & the Gullywhumpers, Music Tellers, The 77's, Nick Fletcher, Mark Lettieri and others in not only a joy it is an obligation that I take very seriously. I was told some time ago by a person who keeps tabs on such things that under the parameters on one show, one host, one station that I am doing the worlds oldest rock radio show. Now that and three dollars will get me on the subway in NYC but if it is true that is a pretty cool. When I first started "Rock N Soul Gospel" I made a promise to God that If he gave the show longevity that I would honor Him by playing only the best music that I could find. With that promise I was hoping for a possible five year run maybe at the most ten. We are just a few short months away from entering our forty fourth year on the air at 88.1fm & WCWP.org. The show airs every Sunday afternoon from two until six pm. Check it out.






No comments:

Post a Comment